-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Error with Generic DAO Sample App (Weblogic 10)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:21 pm 

I have been trying to use the generic dao pattern (DAOs as managed EJB 3.0 components) as described at http://www.hibernate.org/328.html however I get the following error when I deploy the sample on Weblogic 10.

Code:
C:\bea\user_projects\domains\Blumo\servers\AdminServer\cache\EJBCompilerCache\-1
6xu6ho5qzhq\auction\dao\ejb3\UserDAOBean_oqan4_UserDAOImpl.java:193: modifier tr
ansient not allowed here
  public transient java.util.List<auction.model.User> findByExample(auction.mode
l.User arg0, java.lang.String[] arg1)

**Note: This same error is repeated for each DAO.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue so I can use the generic dao? I took the sample AS-IS with no modifications to the code (I did update the persistance.xml to match our environment). We prefer to use managed EJB3
0 components and use assertions for configuration where possible so the persistence.xml is the only config file. No spring config, no ejb config, etc; is this part of the issue?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:34 pm 

Additionally, if I comment out the finByExample() method the app deploys without any errors. I then wrote a facade to expose the UserDAO and a JSP to to list all users but get the following error:

Code:
javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Class
   at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.BaseLocalObject.handleSystemException(BaseLocalObject.java:791)
   at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.BaseLocalObject.preInvoke(BaseLocalObject.java:261)
   at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.BaseLocalObject.preInvoke(BaseLocalObject.java:183)
   at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.StatelessLocalObject.preInvoke(StatelessLocalObject.java:52)
   at auction.dao.ejb3.UserDAOBean_oqan4_UserDAOImpl.findAll(UserDAOBean_oqan4_UserDAOImpl.java:281)
   at auction.controller.UserFacade.findAll(UserFacade.java:49)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:281)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:187)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:154)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:126)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:114)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:176)
   at weblogic.ejb.container.injection.EnvironmentInterceptor.invoke(EnvironmentInterceptor.java:68)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:176)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:126)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:114)
   at com.bea.core.repackaged.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:210)
   at $Proxy121.findAll(Unknown Source)
   at auction.controller.UserFacade_kj7o8m_UserFacadeLocalImpl.findAll(UserFacade_kj7o8m_UserFacadeLocalImpl.java:387)
   at com.blumo.campaign.servlet.ListUsers.processRequest(ListUsers.java:44)
   at com.blumo.campaign.servlet.ListUsers.doGet(ListUsers.java:63)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:226)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:124)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3370)
   at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
   at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2117)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2023)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1359)
   at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
   at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)

If I do not use the generic dao pattern and just write session beans for the CRUD functions everything work fine so I am confident that Hibernate is working as designed. I have not used Spring before and see references to it in the stack so I am wondering if the lack of a Spring config is part of the issue.

Again, thanks for any help.

Post subject: help
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:27 am 
Beginner
Beginner

go through it once

[url]
http://forum.springframework.org/showth ... post230452[/url]

i want to create a saperate jar project of DAO and need to inject it in Spring 's project as a dependency and need to call CRUD methods from Spring bean ....

go through it once
[url]
http://forum.springframework.org/showth ... post230452[/url]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]