-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: more SequenceStyleGenerator, and a possible bug ( ? )
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:50 am 

Hi all,
I have a table in a mySQL db representing a sequence, that has a varchar column, and a long column, the varchar is the name of the sequence, the long the current sequence value.

I have set up my hibernate mappings as so (Do i need to do this for each mapping? or is there a global point i can do this?):
Code:
   <class name="User" table="cmt_006_user">
      <id name="OID" column="OID">
         <generator class="org.hibernate.id.enhanced.SequenceStyleGenerator">
            <param name="sequence_name">cmt_000_sequence</param>
            <param name="sequence">CACSeq</param>
            <param name="optimizer">none</param>
            <param name="increment_size">1</param>
            <param name="value_column">CurrentValue</param>           
         </generator>

if i add <param name="inital_vale">-9223372036854775808</param>
I get a number format exception whilst trying to deploy, as the generator is using a parseInt method, even if I add an L to the end to indicate a long as you would in Java, (This is the possible bug??).

I am trying to insert into the user DB using this code:
Code:
public class UserDaoHb extends HibernateDaoSupport implements UserDao
{
   protected final Log _logger = LogFactory.getLog(getClass());

public boolean insertUser(User user)
   {
      this._logger.info("Creating user: "+user.getOID());
      Transaction tx = this.getSession().beginTransaction();
   this._logger.info("Inside create");
   this._logger.info("attempting hibernate insert");
   this.getSession().save(user);
   this._logger.info("attempt finished");     
      tx.commit();
   return false;
   }
}

What happens is that the code just go into a loop trying to get an ID, whilst actual managing to update the sequnce, the logging shows an "infinite" loop of:

Code:
2007-05-04 15:46:04,677 DEBUG [org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher] - opening JDBC connection
2007-05-04 15:46:04,677 DEBUG [org.hibernate.SQL] - select CurrentValue id_val from cmt_000_sequence for update
2007-05-04 15:46:04,677 DEBUG [org.hibernate.SQL] - update cmt_000_sequence set CurrentValue= ? where CurrentValue=?
2007-05-04 15:46:05,224 DEBUG [org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher] - closing JDBC connection (open PreparedStatements: 0, globally: 0) (open ResultSets: 0, globally: 0)

No new user is inserted into the user table.
[/code]

I am using Spring MVC, and configuring hibernate though the application context.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Gavin

Post subject: It is a Bug
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:36 am 

My code works fine when switching to native key generation, not ideal, but i can live with it.

So its a bug, or my sequence table is some how not good enough, or the xml mapping is wrong.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]