-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: LazyInitializationException on unidirectional many-to-one
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:01 pm 

Which annotation should I use for this to work?

I am trying:

Code:
    @ManyToOne(fetch=FetchType.EAGER)
    @JoinColumn(name = "IdNivel", nullable = false)
    @LazyToOne(value=LazyToOneOption.NO_PROXY)
    public NivelBolsaDTO getNivel() {
   return this.nivel;
    }

But it does not work. Once I close my session, and try to access this property I get an LazyInitializationException.

The object that has the nivel property has a constructor thas accepts the nivel as a parameter. I am creating two new objects with a NivelBolsaDTO loaded from the database but already disconnected from the session and I am trying to add both objects to a collection. The method add fails when on my overrided equals I try to get the value of the nivel property in order to compare it to the other object. Shouldn't this object be created as a regular object, and not a proxy? When I debug I can clearly see that when I create the object, the nivel property is a proxy.

Any explanations?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:14 pm 

I've figured out what's happenning, but didn't find a way to correct it.

When I load the nivel from the database (sess.load) this load returns a proxy for the object, which in turn I am setting on my detached object. Is there a way for the load not to return a proxy?

Thanks

Post subject: Must be getting crazy
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:22 pm 

Talking to myself...

So, the answer was... READ THE DOC!!!!

Instead of using session.load() I should be using session.get(), that do not returns a proxy.

I'm feeling a complete moron...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]