-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: clarification of property type Q
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:13 am 

Would someone please help clarify what the type field in the property tag means?
The documentation
Quote:
type (optional): a name that indicates the Hibernate type.

is vague and I can't find more clarity then that.

My question originates from usage of XDoclet. XDoclet generates a mapping files where the type field seems to be the class method's return type.

I have inherited an existing mapping file that maps a property type field to a class that is not the method's return type. I am told this was done to overcome some Oracle issue with their new XMLType column type.

Being unfamiliar with mapping files I'm seeking clarification on what this might actually do and guidance on other (possibly better) approaches.

TIA,
-Fred

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]