-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Deleting object with one-to-many relationship
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:20 am 

Hello,

My question is rather abstract but I was wondering why developer should manually remove given object from the associated objects' single- or many-valued properties prior delete?

I would like to automate the deletion by crawling all the associated object's collection and remove the current object from there. Have you guys done something like this so you can share opinions/patterns?

Thank you in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:55 am 

Do you mean cascade delete?

I use hibernate annotation
@ManyToOne(cascade=CascadeType.REMOVE)
@OneToMany too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:02 am 

monzdrpower wrote:
Do you mean cascade delete?

I use hibernate annotation
@ManyToOne(cascade=CascadeType.REMOVE)
@OneToMany too

Not really, because CascadeType.REMOVE deletes the associated objects. I actually need to break the the relation to the associated objects and delete current object. I would like to avoid manually removing the object from associated object's collections.

Currently I get ConstarantViolationException if I don't break the relation prior delete.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]