-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: automatically populate modified_date and creation_date
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:33 am 

I've got a table with two columns I would like to be populated automatically via Hibernate:

- modified_date
- creation_date

It probably goes without saying that I'd like to have the creation_date populated automatically only when the row is first inserted, and modified_date to be populated automatically every time the row is modified.

Additionally, I would like the date to come from the db itself, not the VM

From my reading, I think the creation_date one is impossible. Am I correct?

For the modified_date, I thought this line would work:

Code:
<timestamp name="modifiedDate" column="modifed_date" source="db" generated="always"/>    

But it doesn't seem to work. My modified_date column is still null after I insert a record. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Got an example hbm.xml file that would point me in the right direction? Thanks.

-j

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:09 am 

I've got the same problem using HSQLDB.
I'm seeing the following queries:

Hibernate: insert into Measure (version, name, region, institution, startDate, endDate, creationTime, id) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, null)
Hibernate: call identity()
Hibernate: select measure_.lastModificationTime as lastModi9_2_ from Measure measure_ where measure_.id=?

But the lastModificationTime stays null...

anyone?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]