-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can Hibernate automatically dump data into DB?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:58 am 

I know Hibernate can automatically create table with ".hbm.xml" , if the table doesn't exist.

What i want to know is : can Hibernate automatically insert some data into the table after it is automatically created ??

And how to achieve that ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Sure, include a file named import.sql at the root of your classpath. SchemaExport will pick up this file and "import" its contents after it has exported the schema.

The format of this file is a new-line-delimited series of SQL commands...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:24 pm 

steve wrote:
Sure, include a file named import.sql at the root of your classpath. SchemaExport will pick up this file and "import" its contents after it has exported the schema.

The format of this file is a new-line-delimited series of SQL commands...

That is to say , if i place import.sql at the root of my classpth with .hbm.xml files together , Hibernate will automatically create table and dump predata into it??

I have tested your opinion , but didn't get data in table.
Should i do something else in my java files?

I use Ant to compile my project , and at the end of compiling , I make Ant to find the .hbm.xml files in project to create tables .
After creating tables in compiling process , i want to dump data into the tables next. That means i want to insert "dumping data" into the compiling process.

I am using Hibernate 2.1.8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:22 am 

Anyone can give me some advisement about this ??

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]