-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: session.lock throws exception when encountering new collecti
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:26 am 

I have a hibernate entity which is kept in the http session. Upon retrieval from the session I try to lock the entity if the id is set (it is persistent). Unfortunately this provokes problems when collection properties are brand new - not of type PersistentCollection. I don't understand this. I use lock in order to reattach an entity which may have lazy properties to the current session. Basically editing a persistent entity in a conversation.

Do I always have to use an existent persistent collection - which is always provided with persistent instances ? Usually we set a new collection and have had no issues yet.

Post subject: Re: session.lock throws exception when encountering new coll
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:33 am 

It seems that even editing the persistent collection does not help. When reattaching the entity with the new session an exception is thrown because the collection is dirty.

I want to flush at the end of the conversation only.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]