-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How to execute a dynamic where clause int generated list
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:28 am 

Hi all,
I have a requirement which i couldnt make the path for the past 1 week.
I want to make an advanced search filter.So i created a view out of the tables & coded cfg file,POJO class,mapping file.Its all working. I load a jsp page which retrieves all the column datas So that the user can choose in multiple and/or cases.Then i generated dynamic where clause accordingly in mybackend.I then pass the where clause as string & i have used createCriteria & made a possible list out of it & populated.

Here is the problem:

When populating it takes nearly 1 min for processing for displaying the output.It works fine for limited rows (By setting MaxResults).

The requirement is it should populate without querying the db.Idont want the recently updated columns unless the user asks for get recent updates.
I guess you understand my problem.I dont want to deal with DB again & again instead iwant to deal with initial loaded datas alone(while my JSP file loads).While fetching for newer updates if it takes long hours it is ok.

So can any help me in this case.All load(),createcriteria() retrieves from the Db again Or else i want to dyanamic condition check which is complicating dynamic inputs.Is there any possible ways?Plz help.

Have a Pleasure @ work!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]