-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: @Version and Collection was not processed by flush
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:00 am 

Hello guys,

In our system here, which has several entities and relationships, everything was running fine (unit tests, etc.). We are using the following hibernate versions:

Hibernate Core 3.2.0.cr4
Hibernate Annotations 3.2.0.cr2
Hibernate EntityManager 3.2.0.cr2

We are used annotations for everything, including validation.

We then tried to use Hibernate @Version annotation to control concurrency. Everything was working fine, and right after i insert this annotation in the proper field, many of my unit tests start accusing this error, in unused collections:

org.hibernate.AssertionFailure: collection [...] was not processed by flush()

We are not using any custom listeners. On the internet, i checked that custom listeners may cause this trouble, but in our case we only need to put versioning for it to happen.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Chicoscience

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:26 am 

No ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:09 am 

Update in the information:

I found a way for this error not to happen, but it is not a desirable way:

Entities X and Y have a bidirectional many-to-many relation. If i use @Version, when testing X i get "collection Y.x was not processed by flush()". But if i set the Fetch Type in collection X.y to EAGER, this error does not happen.

Why doesn't it work with lazy? Is it a hibernate bug?

Thanks,
Chicoscience

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]