-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How to access multiple versions of Databases
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:39 pm 

[b]Hibernate version:[/b] 3.1.2

Hi all,

I am trying to manage multiple databases in the same DB server. the DB Server is exposed on a URL/port.

I have an active and a standby node. Both the nodes normally are in the same version and they access DB using hte above URL. But, after an upgrade is done on the standby node, the versions are different and hence the schema will also be different. Now, there are two databases that I have to manage from the same URL of the DB Server.

How do I access these databases using Hibernate? Do I create separate session factory objects for each database? Or should I have one session factory and switch between different data source?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Saravanan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]