-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Entity Type used as Component -
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:03 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I have an exisisting ORDER table that stores shipping, billing, and mailing address as well as some summary order info. The addresses are created from CUSTOMER addresses saved by address_type in an ADDRESS table.

I have already created an address entity with a many-to-one mapping with a customer entity. Now I would like to use the address entity with the order.

Two questions:

1. Are there any issues/concerns with mapping an entity as a component value type?

2. Is there any way I can use discriminators...address is not a subclass of order?

thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]