-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to disable cache or force read from database?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:31 pm 

I want to be able to guarantee that certain queries allways go to the database, because they may be modified outside the application, such as by another application or user from the command line. I have tried everything, including Session.clear(), conditional evicts, etc. All I want to do, is get the object from the database, not the cache. It would seem there would have been a Session.load(Class,id, (true|false) for caching) or something, but there isn't. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Need help with Hibernate? Read this first:
http://www.hibernate.org/ForumMailingli ... AskForHelp

Hibernate version:
Mapping documents:

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:

Name and version of the database you are using:

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:

Problems with Session and transaction handling?

Read this: http://hibernate.org/42.html

Post subject: The answer is Session.setCacheMode(CacheMode.REFRESH)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:00 pm 

It would seem the answer is Session.setCacheMode(CacheMode.REFRESH); After adding this, it does appear to retrieve items from the database without using the cache.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]