-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Error performing batch delete in sybase
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:39 pm 

I have a class and subclass mapped in hibernate as a a joined sub-class. I perform a batch delete to remove all the instances of the subclass eg "Delete from SpecialProduct".

The way this seems to work is it creates a temporay table and uses that to delete from each table.

This works fine on HSQL but when i run the exact same on sybase (ASE 12.5) it fails, from what i can see it is trying to insert into the temporary table (in this case #SpecialProduct) before it is created. It either should create the temp table first or use syntax such (select x,y into #TempTable from A) and cerate the temp table in line. Any advice of if this is a bug and where I might start looking in the code to help resolve.

thanks
Andy

Hibernate version: 3.1.3

Mapping documents:

Code:

<class name="Product" table="Products">

<id name="letProductId" column="ProductId">
            <generator class="assigned"/>
        </id>

<many-to-one name="soemthing" column="soemthing" not-null="true" class="AnotherClass"/>

<joined-subclass name="SpecialProduct" table="SpecialProducts">
            <key column="ProductId"/>
            <property name="productId"      column="ProductId" not-null="true"/>
        </joined-subclass>

</class>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():
Code:
getHibernateTemplate().bulkUpdate("delete SpecialProduct");

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
2006-10-13 17:24:46,563 WARN [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 208, SQLState: 42000
2006-10-13 17:24:46,563 ERROR [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] #SpeicalProducts not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

2006-10-13 17:24:46,594 WARN [org.hibernate.hql.ast.exec.MultiTableDeleteExecutor] unable to drop temporary id table after use
com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: Cannot drop the table '#SpecialProducts', because it doesn't exist in the system catalogs.

at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.processEed(Tds.java:3069)

Name and version of the database you are using:
Sybase ASE 12.5
The generated SQL (show_sql=true):

insert into #SpecialProducts select speicalproduc0_.ProductId as LetProductId from SpeicalProducts Speicalproduc0_ inner join Products Speicalproduc0_1_ on Speicalproduc0_.ProductId=speicalproduc0_1_.ProductId

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:
DEBUG

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]