-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to make TEXT as UNIQUE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:11 pm 

Hello everyone, this seems to me a very simple function, one I hasn't been able to figure it out how to achieve.

MySql requires an index prefix length to be defined. How do I "hibernatedo" that?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:48 pm 
Regular
Regular

Icetbr,

One option is to add an extra text_hash column and store in the new field an md5sum() of the text column. You can index on this column and have hibernate/mysql efficiently check if the key exists. Then you can compare the text field. If you feel lucky, add an UNIQUE index ... hehe :)

Marius

Post subject: How to do this?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:03 am 

Ok, I have no idea how to do that. Could you show me the hbm code? If possible, the xDoclet as well.

It does sound too much trouble to obtain such a simple feature that is "unique", but I welcome the help all the same :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:17 pm 
Regular
Regular

Icetbr,

No problem, but it will be easier if you start a working sample and then I will spend some time on it to implement my suggestion.

Marius

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]