-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Cache not pulling new records after a refresh
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:16 pm 

Hibernate version 3.1, XML Mapping, jdk 1.5

My application is a read only data pull and the data is update elsewhere outside of Hibernate. However I need to have Hibernate pull the new record when it is added to the table.

I clear the session before the refresh and that will bring back updated records. But new records are not returned.

I'm sure the answer for my question is out there some where but I'm having trouble finding it. If you have an answer or know where I can find it I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:03 pm 
Regular
Regular

You must be using second level caching and in that case you need to do sessionFactory.evict() to clear it. The session.evict() API just gets rid of first level caching, that one is discarded at the end of the session anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]