-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: sql server jdbc driver property name?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:00 am 

I am trying to get the simple application running from the command line, I am using sql server 2005, i have downloaded the JDBC driver for sql server 2005 from the windows website, and placed hte jar file sqljdbc.jar in the hibernate/lib directory and in the tutorial/lib directory. Everything builds ok and I then run the command

ant run -Daction=store and I get the following exception:

what is wrong?

Also i am running eclipse 3.2 is there an easy way to integrate this simple example with eclipse 3.2?

Hibernate.cfg.xml:

<property name="connection.driver_class">com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</property>
<property name="connection.url">jdbc:sqlserver://lonisi106/SQLExpress</property>

Hibernate version: 3

[java] 11:59:17,076 WARN SettingsFactory:103 - Could not obtain connection metadata
[java] com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.UnknownHostException:
[java] at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
[java] at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
[java] at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)

SQL Server 2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:37 am 
Expert
Expert

Location: Almassera/Valencia/Spain/EU/Earth/Solar system/Milky Way/Local Group/Virgo Supercluster
Can you ping to lonisi106?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:12 am 

yes i can.

Database Instance Name is SQLExpress running on said server, and the Database name is Test, its an sql server 2005 DB running on port 1433

I have changed the cofig file somewhat, here is what the new property name now looks like:

<property name="connection.url">jdbc:sqlserver://lonisi106\SQLExpress:1433;DatabaseName=Test</property>

I am getting an error that looks like this now:

[java] 13:00:23,430 INFO DriverManagerConnectionProvider:86 - connection properties: {user=sa, password=****}
[java] 13:00:23,531 WARN SettingsFactory:103 - Could not obtain connection metadata
[java] com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'sa'.
[java] at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.IOBuffer.processPackets(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

I assume that where it says password, that is just a standard 4 character asterik?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:26 am 

I just tried to connect to a DB running on a different server where only one DB is running on that server, it worked fine, it seems to be a problem with the escape character before the instance i.e.:

lonisi108\SQLExpress:

the middle slash above, so i changed it to:

lonisi108\\SQLExpress:

and im still getting failed login.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:22 am 

this is now working.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]