-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate.cfg.xml
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:46 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi

In the hibernate configuration xml document the <session-factorys> <mapping> tags have two elements associated with them. 'jar' and 'file'. Does anyone have any idea what they are used for or any example on how they should be used?

There seems to be no mention of this on the web, in the hibernate documentation or in the Manning book.

Thanks Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:51 pm 
Expert
Expert

They're alternatives for resource="". There's also package and class attributes. jar and package and read all .hbm.xml files in the given jar or package. class reads mappings from the listed class' annotations. And file parses file just like resource, I think.

Note that these are all mutually exclusive. If a mapping line specifies resource, then none of the other attributes are used. All the relevant source code is in Configuration.java, and it's pretty easy to follow. I just glanced at it for this info, I haven't followed it in detail, so I may be making some incorrect assumptions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:27 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi tenwit

I have a look at the code and yes it is pretty easy to follw. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thats a big help in solving an issue I have regarding an archticture issue. I notice the jar tag loops through the entire sourcxe structure in the jar an imports all of the mappings. This is a very neat trick.

Thanks

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:28 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi tenwit

I hada look at the code and yes it is pretty easy to follw. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thats a big help in solving an issue I have regarding an archticture issue. I notice the jar tag loops through the entire source structure in the jar an imports all of the mappings. This is a very neat trick.

Thanks

Chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]