-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mapping a single object to multiple schemas
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:57 pm 

I didn't see this topic covered in the documentation so I don't think its possible, but I thought I would ask anyway before telling my customer its not possible.

Is it possible to construct hbm files sucha that you can map an Object, Car for instance, to two different schemas with two different CAR tables so that when a user queries for Car he gets back a collection of Car objects populated from both schemas.

That's all I need to know.

THanks,

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:55 pm 
Senior
Senior

Is this what you are looking for
Quote:
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/reference/en/html/mapping.html#mapping-entityname

if you want to construct the query from two table what would be the id . I dont understand . Or is that each subtype of car is mapped to a different table in which case you can use joined-subclass type of mapping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:54 pm 

I saw that documentation, but that seemed to be a situation where my two tables would be in the same database. If I had two database servers with two schemas and each had a CAR table and for arguement sake had the exact same structure would I be able to query for "car model" and hibernate would be able to connect to two different datbases and bring back records from both tables to populate my objects. This is a weird use case, but my customer wants me to build a drag and drop hibernate mapping tool that will allow him to map an object in one object model to more than one datasource. I don't think this is possible but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:56 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

It's not a Hibernate solution, but perhaps you could use Spring's HibernateTemplate. You could have a different HibernateTemplate for each database and include the mapping file in the config for each template.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]