-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Deadlock Found
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:44 am 
Regular
Regular

I am using MySQL 5.0.18, with JBoss 4.0.4GA, and Hibernate. We found out that we get the error when we replicate similar actions. Meaning when two users performing similar actions and happen to click on the submit button at the same time and want to create a new record, we get the following error:

10:07:19,269 WARN [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 1213, SQLState: 40001
10:07:19,269 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Deadlock found when trying to get loc
k; try restarting transaction
10:13:42,889 WARN [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 1205, SQLState: 41000
10:13:42,905 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Lock wait timeout exceeded; try resta
rting transaction

I believe the error is in either Hibernate or MySQL. I was wondering if there is something that I can do to figure out where the error relies at and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]