-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate character encoding
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:11 pm 

Hello all,

I am trying to get the right character encoding standard for our application.

I am using the below properties to get the configuration right
<property name="hibernate.connection.characterEncoding">UTF-16</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.useUnicode">true</property>

I am not sure what our earlier DB access used as a character encoding standard. And there is no way I can find out since we dont have that source code.

My question is . When I try to save and display some chinese charcters through hibernate, everything works fine.

But if I want to read something chinese that is already there in database, hibernate does not decode it properly right now.

I have tried using UTF-8 nad UTF-16 . what are the different encoding standards that hibernate supports ? Can anyone point them out to me. I tried to find and wasnt able to do that ?

Also if there is some other way you deal with problem .. please let me kneow

Thanks
Shobhana

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]