-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: criteria restriction for "in" to use object refere
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:40 am 
Senior
Senior

I am trying to do a criteria join query, and I would like an "in" clause which works on the original object. The only way I can get in to work is by fields. Can someone please help? You see below where I try to do an "in" by the alias of the original object, you can see the stacktrace that this does not work.

Thanks,
Chris

Hibernate version:

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():
Code:
      CourtCase courtCase = new CourtCaseDAO().findByPK(new Integer(86));
      CourtCase courtCase2 = new CourtCaseDAO().findByPK(new Integer(8031));

final List someList = new ArrayList();

someList.add(courtCase);
      someList.add(courtCase2);

final ProjectionList projectionList = Projections.projectionList();
      projectionList.add(Projections.property("sub__.gender"));
      projectionList.add(Projections.property("sub__.race"));
      projectionList.add(Projections.property("sub__.dob"));
      projectionList.add(Projections.property("sub__.clientId"));

List theResults = (List)HibernateHelper.callbackHibernateSessionUnchecked(new HibernateHandler() {

public Object callback(Session hibernateSession) throws Exception {

Criteria criteria = hibernateSession.createCriteria(CourtCase.class, "courtCase__");
            criteria.createCriteria("client", "sub__");
            criteria.setProjection(projectionList);
            criteria.add(Restrictions.in("courtCase__", someList));
            return criteria.list();
         }

});

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:

testInitObjectFieldOneToMany(gov.me.bds.osa.drugcourt.util.HibernateHelperTest)org.hibernate.QueryException: could not resolve property: courtCase__ of: gov.me.bds.osa.drugcourt.model.CourtCase
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractPropertyMapping.throwPropertyException(AbstractPropertyMapping.java:43)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractPropertyMapping.toType(AbstractPropertyMapping.java:37)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.getSubclassPropertyTableNumber(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1282)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.BasicEntityPropertyMapping.toColumns(BasicEntityPropertyMapping.java:31)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.toColumns(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1257)
at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaQueryTranslator.getColumns(CriteriaQueryTranslator.java:433)
at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaQueryTranslator.getColumnsUsingProjection(CriteriaQueryTranslator.java:393)
at org.hibernate.criterion.InExpression.toSqlString(InExpression.java:35)
at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaQueryTranslator.getWhereCondition(CriteriaQueryTranslator.java:333)
at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaJoinWalker.<init>(CriteriaJoinWalker.java:71)
at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaLoader.<init>(CriteriaLoader.java:67)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1514)
at org.hibernate.impl.CriteriaImpl.list(CriteriaImpl.java:283)
at gov.me.bds.osa.drugcourt.util.HibernateHelperTest$1.callback(HibernateHelperTest.java:103)
at gov.me.bds.osa.drugcourt.util.HibernateHelper.callbackHibernateSession(HibernateHelper.java:1219)
at gov.me.bds.osa.drugcourt.util.HibernateHelper.callbackHibernateSession(HibernateHelper.java:1183)
at gov.me.bds.osa.drugcourt.util.HibernateHelper.callbackHibernateSessionUnchecked(HibernateHelper.java:1163)
at gov.me.bds.osa.drugcourt.util.HibernateHelperTest.testInitObjectFieldOneToMany(HibernateHelperTest.java:95)

Name and version of the database you are using:
Oracle
[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:06 pm 
Senior
Senior

I coded a workaround, though I think there might be a way to do it in hibernate if I knew the syntax...

I made a factory method to return a criterion (not all code here, but the gist is here)

The end result is something like this:

Code:
Expression.sql("{alias}.id in(?,?)", courtCaseArray, new Type[]{Hibernate.entity(CourtCase.class), Hibernate.entity(CourtCase.class)})

The method is here

Code:
   /**
    * @param instancesOrListOrArray
    * @return the crinterion or null if nothing passed in
    */
   public static Criterion restrictionAliasClassIn(Object instancesOrListOrArray) {

Object[] instancesArray = PwwObjectUtils.convertObjectOrListOrArrayToArray(instancesOrListOrArray);
      int instancesLength = PwwObjectUtils.size(instancesArray);
      if (instancesLength == 0) {
         return null;
      }
      //assume all same type
      Class typeClass = PwwObjectUtils.getClass(instancesArray[0]);
      String primaryKey = HibernateHelper.columnNamePrimaryKey(typeClass);
      //make the in string: {alias}.id in(?,?)
      StringBuffer inString = new StringBuffer("{alias}.");
      inString.append(primaryKey).append(" in(");
      Type[] types = new Type[instancesLength];
      Type type = Hibernate.entity(typeClass);
      for (int i=0;i<instancesLength;i++) {
         inString.append("?");
         if (i <instancesLength-1) {
            inString.append(",");
         }
         types[i]=type;
      }
      inString.append(")");
      return Expression.sql(inString.toString(), instancesArray, types);
   }

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]