-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: getting Hibernate to indicate there is a new record
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:24 am 

Need help with Hibernate? Read this first:
http://www.hibernate.org/ForumMailingli ... AskForHelp

Hibernate version: 3.1

hi,

Is there a way in Hibernate to indicate that another user has added another record to the database source ?
What is needed for this triggering of events to occur ? Do i need a application server for this ?
I am using Hibernate with a Swing app only. No application server in between, ie., non-managed type of application.

Thanks for any help. Still new to Hibernate. :)

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:05 am 
Expert
Expert

DBMSs don't generally push data out. I've never seen any DBMS offer that functionality, though I suppose that it must exist somewhere. An SNMP-capable DB spewing alarms to listening sockets? Heh, there's a thought.

The best you could hope for would be to poll the DB periodically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:18 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

This is not really a hibernate problem as such. If it all within the one application then its simply an application logic layer extension. If you want it to occur at the db layer then you can use a db trigger and call a java procedure (Oracle for example) which can generate a JMS message than is then picked up for the notification.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]