-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to add ~none persistant entities to a collection
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:56 pm 

Hi all, am hoping you can help.

I have a mapped entity.. for the sake of an example lets call it Customer. I have a database table called countries, and a mapping called country. I want to map a set that is a collection of all the records in the countries table of type country, but there would be no relationship between customer and country. Therefore no key to key into a set mapping. The countries would be immutable under the context of the customer object graph.

Can this be done? I have been digging the docs and also the Bauer book and also the caveat emptor stuff.. with no joy. Any help much appreicated.

Thank in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:04 pm 
Expert
Expert

Can what be done? I think you've missed something. Are you trying to put a set of countries in a customer? A set of customers in a country? If you are trying one of these things, how are you hoping to do it? Will there be a foreign key from one to the other?

I'm going to guess that you want to list all customers by country. So you'd have a table like this:

And a POJO with methods getId(), getName(), and getCustomers(). In that case your mapping would be
Code:
<class name="Country" table="Country">
  <id column="ID" .../>
  <property name="Name" column="CountryName" type="string"/>
  <set name="Customers">
    <key column="ID" not-null="true"/>
    <one-to-many class="Customer"/>
  </set>
</class>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]