-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: a bit of an off topic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:32 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

i hope this is ok to post here ,

i have a small problem which is not directly hibernate related but i'm sure hibernate users have encoutared it :
i have a web project that i intended to export and deploy as a war and a regular java application with quartz that queries the net and saved it's data to the DB using hibernate whereas the main war has the same classes and only reads the data and displays it , now i don't want to have the same entities mapped twice (they are exactly the same ones to the same table) i'd rather have them only once (one class) in the project (both of them) how can i do that ? if i understand right i need to pack them all as a ear and deploy but when i decalre the small one as a dependencie of the big one or revrse i can't use the classes in one project (and the other one isn't j2ee atall ) ... ? what is the right way to do that in eclipse webtools ?
thanks in advance .

Post subject: you can try creating jar file for hibernate related.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:38 pm 

Hi ,
I think you can create a jar file for hibernate mappings , classes and any related daos and use the jar file in both projects. The only thing to remember would be any time your schema changes , you would have to update jar files in both projects to use the updated mappings/classes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]