-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to configure proxool
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:04 pm 

Can someone explian how to configure proxool with Hibernate 3? Particularly, I'm trying to figure out what I need to put into hibernate.cfg.xml.

I've done a search and saw various people ask for this, but there were no responses. The only other answers I can find are related to Hibernate 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:17 pm 

Additional info....I'm trying to use proxool 0.90RC2

I placed the following in my hibernate.hbm.xml:
Code:
<property name="proxool.pool_alias">vsuite</property>
<property name="proxool.properties">FrameworkAPI.properties</property>

and I placed the following in the properties file which is in my classpath:

Code:
jdbc-vsuite2.proxool.alias=vsuite
jdbc-vsuite2.proxool.driver-class=........
jdbc-vsuite2.proxool.driver-url=jdbc:....
jdbc-vsuite2.user=.....
jdbc-vsuite2.password=.....
jdbc-vsuite2.proxool.maximum-connection-count=50
jdbc-vsuite2.proxool.house-keeping-test-sql=select 1 from dual
jdbc-vsuite2.proxool.house-keeping-sleep-time=30000
jdbc-vsuite2.proxool.test-before-use=true
jdbc-vsuite2.proxool.test-after-user=false

I get the following:

Code:
[4/11/06 15:14:33:766 EDT] 335a3a76 ProxoolConnec I org.hibernate.connection.ProxoolConnectionProvider  Configuring Proxool Provider using Properties File: FrameworkAPI.properties
[4/11/06 15:14:33:797 EDT] 335a3a76 ProxoolFacade I org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxoolFacade  Proxool 0.9.0RC2 (23-Mar-2006 23:39)
[4/11/06 15:14:33:953 EDT] 335a3a76 ProxoolConnec I org.hibernate.connection.ProxoolConnectionProvider  Configuring Proxool Provider to use pool alias: proxool.vsuite
[4/11/06 15:14:33:953 EDT] 335a3a76 ProxoolConnec I org.hibernate.connection.ProxoolConnectionProvider  autocommit mode: false
[4/11/06 15:14:33:953 EDT] 335a3a76 ProxoolDriver E org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxoolDriver  Problem
[4/11/06 15:14:33:969 EDT] 335a3a76 ProxoolDriver E org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxoolDriver  TRAS0014I: The following exception was logged org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxoolException: Attempt to refer to a unregistered pool by its alias 'vsuite'
   at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ConnectionPoolDefinition.doChange(ConnectionPoolDefinition.java:250)
   at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ConnectionPoolDefinition.<init>(ConnectionPoolDefinition.java:147)

I've tried various combinations of pool name with and without "proxool.", but no luck

Post subject: Alternate Connection Pool?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:48 am 

I've noticed a lack of responses to proxool questions (both mine and others).

Maybe it's because it's not used by many people? If that is the case, is there another connection pool that is recommended?

I've seen comments that DBCP is buggy and I tried C3PO, but the performance was terrible when compared to the built in connection pool within Hibernate (the not for production use pool)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]