-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: one-to-one bidirectional mapping
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:47 am 

Hi,

I am new to hibernate.

I am facing some problem in creating one-to-one relationship bidirectional.

In my scenario, I have 2 tables named Basket_item and Special_Price_Request.

both tables are 1:1 mapped and PK of Basket_Item is FK in Special_Price_Request, that is Basket_Item is Parent table and Special_Price_Request is child table

In existing solution , I can get the SpecialPriceRequestDO by calling custom finder method that is findByBasketItemFid() on SpecialPriceRequestDAO.

Now I have to change it to get SpecialPriceRequestDO by calling getSpecialPriceRequest() on BasketItemDO.

How should I approach to this ?

Please give me pointer in this direction.

Thanks in advance.
Tushar Gorde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:29 pm 
Expert
Expert

You are setting up a bidirectional relation (actually any relation) you are not dealing with FK/PK precisely, - you are relating by objects - in other words, the Parent.child is defined as class Parent {Child child=null}... So when you load a parent, you can specify via the Lazy attribute whether or not you'd like to also load (initialize) the "child". So this concept works both ways - eg. Child.parent would have a definition of class Child { Parent parent=null}...

I illustrate this with Parent/Child since it is a 1-to-Many - and if you want to make it 1-to-1, then you'll declare the many side "unique". (this mapping of 1-to-M is a special mapping for implementing 1-to-1). Or you can use 1-to-1 on both sides of the mappings. However, the later forces you to use the same PK on each Entity. See reference.pdf for more details.

I recently posted a complete bidirectional 1-to-1 (using 1-to-M method & w/ unique) here:

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=956962&highlight=onetoone

If you find my replies helpful, please rate by clicking 'Y' on them. I appreciate it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]