-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: class2hbm mapping
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:54 pm 

Hi,
Using Hbn 3 and Hbn 2.1 the extenstion project, I am attempting to use the class2hbm MapGenerator to read my classes, and make the corresponding mapping files. I am following the syntax (I think) in the reference PDF but am continually getting variations of the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ...

I have installed C:\hibernate-3.0\hibernate-extensions-2.1.3 where the MapGenerator class lives. What is the syntax to run this class over my classes in say C:\dev\projects\*.class?

I tried most recently:

java -cp org.hibernate.tool.class2hbm.MapGenerator --output= my_mapping.xml User in the same directory as the 'User' class. (no joy - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: User)

can someone assist on syntax here? Or point me towards I decent web reference?

many thanks

Paul.

Mapping documents:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:25 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

class2hbm is not alive anymore. if the docs talks about it ill consider it a bug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:19 am 

max wrote:
class2hbm is not alive anymore. if the docs talks about it ill consider it a bug

Why this tool is not supported any more ?
Is there a plan to implement a similar tool generating hibernate mapping files from java 5 persitence annotations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:38 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

because it was not maintained and created bad mappings and that pre jdk 5 classes does not contain enough information to do it decently.

and yes, we would like to extend the annotationconfiguration to be able to build a model from existing classes and via hbm2hbmxml generate mappings etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:40 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

because it was not maintained and created bad mappings and that pre jdk 5 classes does not contain enough information to do it decently.

and yes, we would like to extend the annotationconfiguration to be able to build a model from existing classes and via hbm2hbmxml generate mappings etc.

patches welcome.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]