-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Design problem: need to inject extra sql statements / transp
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:29 am 

Hi,

I would like to have your input on the following problem:

I need to retrieve data from the database which have all a common sql suffix. The common suffix part is used to retrieve data that passes the permission / security suffix

So for example (simplified) I need to do the following:

select * from tableA where <user has rights to read data in the collection>

This query should return only the records for which the security passes, so based upon the security sql suffix.

Now I'm looking for a way to inject this security suffix query, because I just want to write my statements like this:

select * from tableA

without having to specify the rest, keeping things kiss.

I already looked at filters (hibernate3), but those things need to be specified per class, per collection, which I find not very maintainable! Also it seems that teh filter def only specifies the params and you still need to specify the condition per class / collection?

So I was looking for a way to inject the suffix just before the query is executed, is this possible, which approaches can be taken?

Suggestions...

Grtz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:40 am 

Perhaps the Interceptor could help you. You need to pass it when getting the Session from the SessionFactory. Look at the onPrepareStatement method:
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/ap ... ang.String)

Beware: the Interceptor API got extended over time, so check which API your Hibernate version has!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]