-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Custom persister and many-to-one relationship
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:24 pm 

I am experimenting with custom persisters, specifically with relationships betwen db-persisted entities and custom-persisted entities. Unfortunately when I try to create a many-to-one relationship from a db-persisted entity to a custom-persisted entity I get a ClassCastException. The code in org.hibernate.persister.collection.AbstractCollectionPersister.getElementPersister(AbstractCollectionPersister.java:1179)
is casting the persister to a Loadable.

I am using MasterDetail.hbm.xml and Custom.hbm.xml. I have added a set of Custom objects to the Master class definition. When I try to run MasterDetailTest as a java application I get the exception (shown below).

Can anyone give me any pointers as to whether it is possible to get relationships working between entities persisted with different persisters?

I have tried this with NHibernate 1.0.1, hibernate 2.1.6 and 3.0 with similar results.

Thanks in anticipation!

Hibernate version:
2.1 & 3.0 & NHibernate 1.0.1

Mapping documents:
I used MasterDetail.hbm.xml & Custom.hbm.xml. Amended MasterDetail.hbm.xml to add:
Code:
   <set name="customs" lazy="true">
      <key/>
      <one-to-many class="org.hibernate.test.legacy.Custom"/>
   </set>

to mapping for org.hibernate.test.legacy.Master class. I have added appropriate code to Master.java:
Code:
   private Collection customs;
   public Collection getCustoms() {
      return customs;
   }
   public void setCustoms(Collection customs) {
      this.customs = customs;
   }

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():
N/A. I am running org.hibernate.test.legacy.MasterDetailTest as a java application

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hibernate.test.legacy.CustomPersister
at org.hibernate.persister.collection.AbstractCollectionPersister.getElementPersister(AbstractCollectionPersister.java:1179)
at org.hibernate.loader.collection.OneToManyLoader.<init>(OneToManyLoader.java:84)
at org.hibernate.loader.collection.OneToManyLoader.<init>(OneToManyLoader.java:69)
at org.hibernate.loader.collection.OneToManyLoader.<init>(OneToManyLoader.java:60)
at org.hibernate.loader.collection.BatchingCollectionInitializer.createBatchingOneToManyInitializer(BatchingCollectionInitializer.java:72)

Name and version of the database you are using:
hsql 1.7.1

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):
N/A

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:
N/A
Code:

Post subject: any more information?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:28 pm 

Can anyone give me any pointers as to whether it is possible to have relationships between entities persisted with different (i.e. non-DB) persisters?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]