-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: supernatural session stickyness?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:30 am 
Regular
Regular

Hi,

I wonder how it is possible to get a

Code:
org.hibernate.HibernateException: Don't change the reference to a collection with cascade="all-delete-orphan": model.Order.orderRows

When I have an attached object that I first serialize to XML, then encrypt, then post to a servlet and there the reverse operations are done?

The recieving servlet (under a different context root) then tries to clear the keys on the object hierarchy and insert it into a different DB using Hibernate.

The posting is done using Jakarta HttpClient so there should really be no connection between the two Hibernate sessions(?)

Post subject: just a thought
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

It looks like your XML serialization is pretty accurate :) so it delivered H collection proxy across that keeps association to the old session, invalid by now of course.
You may need to go through your object and replace H implementations of collection interfaces with standard java ones before sending. For example: o.setList( new ArrayList( o.getList() ) );

SourceLabs - dependable OpenSource systems

Post subject: Re: just a thought
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:04 am 
Regular
Regular

kgignatyev wrote:
It looks like your XML serialization is pretty accurate :)

Indeed - that did the trick! I should have examined the incoming data instead of just assuming that it was the same as I tought I had constructed :-/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]