-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Exception Problems
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:14 am 

I have a interesting question. does hibernate doesnt throw an excption if it builds the factory?

because if i debug this code

Code:
try {   
            conf.configure().addProperties(prop);
            factory=conf.buildSessionFactory();
        }catch(HibernateException e)
        {
            throw new Exception( "NamingException: " + e.getMessage( ));
        }

and type in my dialog false data for example a false ip of the server the output says unknownhostexcception what is right but why isnt this exception caught in thes catch ? it is the same if i type false login informations.

because i wanto to open a JOptionPane if i get an unknown host exception or anythink like that

and i have also tried UnknownHostException instead of HibernateException.

please give me a fast and compident answer

With best regards
Joe
Code:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:03 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hibernate won't open a connection until needed, and it doesn't need one to build the SessionFactory. You can add a dummy query to your code to check that login/pwd/host etc. are ok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:50 pm 

thats not the truth because if the program reachs the point where the factory is created the unkownhostexception occures.
but the real question is how can i catch the unknownhostexception that i can create a message for the user

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]