-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Theta joins with composite-element
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:09 am 
Senior
Senior

Hi,

I've run into a wall with an issue that I hope you can help with. I have a parent object Page with a set association assets. In order to achieve a binding of Page to Assets in different "zones" I had to create a composite-element in the assets set association.

I now need to query for 2 lists. List 1 is all assets that have a binding in PageAsset. List 2 is all assets that do not have a binding in PageAsset.

In SQL this is a straightforward inner join between asset.id and pageasset.asset_id to get List 1. Below is what I have tried but I am told that PageAsset is not mapped, presumably because it's a composite-element.

List 2 I have not tried a query for yet.

Hibernate version: 3.0

Mapping documents:

Code:
        <set name="assets" table="tblPageAssets" lazy="false" cascade="none">
            <key column="page_id" not-null="true" />

<composite-element class="PageAsset">
            <many-to-one name="asset" class="Asset" column="asset_id" cascade="all" />
            <property name="peerPosition" column="peer_position" type="int" not-null="true" />
            <property name="zone" column="zone" type="string" not-null="true" />
         </composite-element>
        </set>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

Code:
    public List<Asset> getAssets() {
       return (List<Asset>) getHibernateTemplate().find(
         "from Asset asset, PageAsset pa " +
         "where asset.id = pa.asset.id"
      );
    }

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:

PageAsset is not mapped

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]