-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Criteria API and a List of String
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:07 pm 

Hello All,

I have a bunch of query that needs to be build dynamically so I decided to give the Criteria API a try. I am running into a "syntax" problem and I can't figure out how to write this. For example, lets say I have a User object that as an attribute called groupCd which is a list of group code (list of String object) and I want to retrieve every user that has groupCd A and groupCd B

My HBL query/code would look like this
List groupCd = new ArrayList();
groupCd.add("A");
groupCd.add("B");
Query q = session.createQuery("from User as user "
+ "inner join user.groupCd as groupCd "
+ "where type in (:groupCd ) ");
q.setParameterList("groupCd", groupCd);
q.list();

What would be the syntax for the Criteria API? Is this possible? So far I have tried a few combination but without success. The last try I made looked like this:

List groupCd = new ArrayList();
groupCd.add("A");
groupCd.add("B");
Criteria criteria = session.createCriteria(User.class);
criteria.createAlias("groupCd", "groupCd");
criteria.add(Expression.in("groupCd", groupCd));

But I think this is not quite rigth. Well I know it is not rigth because I get a net.sf.hibernate.MappingException: collection was not an association: exception. Which I am still not sure what it is but I am still working on it.

So, anyone ever tried something like this? Is it possible?

Thanks

David

Hibernate version: 2.1.6

Name and version of the database you are using: MySQL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:22 pm 
Regular
Regular

Did you find out what was the answer ?

I'm facing with the same problem. Can somebody paste some links where can be found some more complex examples ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]