-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Illegal attempt to associate a collection with two open sess
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:26 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hibernate version: 3.0

I have session-per-request in application and lazy-loading enabled... this error happens randomly when code tries to save/update a persistant object.. I doubt if its something due to concurrency b/c this happens for the object that we save into HTTP session accross request.

Anyones help will be appreciated.

Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Illegal attempt to associate a collection with two open sessions
at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.setCurrentSession(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:237)
at org.hibernate.event.def.OnUpdateVisitor.processCollection(OnUpdateVisitor.java:41)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractVisitor.processValue(AbstractVisitor.java:104)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractVisitor.processValue(AbstractVisitor.java:64)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractVisitor.processEntityPropertyValues(AbstractVisitor.java:58)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractVisitor.process(AbstractVisitor.java:129)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.performUpdate(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:267)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.entityIsDetached(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:214)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultUpdateEventListener.performSaveOrUpdate(DefaultUpdateEventListener.java:33)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.onSaveOrUpdate(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:69)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.update(SessionImpl.java:499)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.update(SessionImpl.java:490)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:31 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Can you post how you are opening and closing the session and where you are storing your session

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:29 am 
Beginner
Beginner

kkrikor

Its simple ... I am opening it in servlet filter and store it in ThreadLocal and closing it on the way back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:42 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

kkrikor... didn't hear back from you !!!

Anyone can please share their thoughts on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:04 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Ok here's another question for you ,

The hibernate Session do you put it in a thread local varaible , Are you doing that ?

Cause in my application i put the objects in the Http session too .

So let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:31 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

and if you do the above mentioned , then check out this , you might be having concurrency problems

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.ph ... 6a4ece9adb

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]