-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: multiple unique columns - only first violation throws
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:19 am 

Hi

I have a table with several columns with unique constraints and I'd like to report all constraint violations in one round-trip, rather than having the user correct each one, one by one with many re-submits.

Currently, the way I'm detecting the violation is by flushing the session after a makePersistant call, catching the ConstraintViolationException and inspecting the exception message to determine which column was not unique.

Other than doing a select on each column with a unique constraint - to find out all the violations, has anyone come up with a better solution ?

Erik

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]