-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Annotations for production use
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:38 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi!
Since the current version of hibernate Annotations is 3.1 beta 6, could I use this in production?

Or should I stick with core hibernate, and wait until a stable version of Hibernate Annotations is released?

Regards
Emil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:56 am 
Expert
Expert

We are currently using HA3.7beta with H3rc3 in production portal app and it is running nicely.
It depends on what kind of app you are doing. Our is not life dependent. :-)
And since all is open source, if you find bugz, you can contribute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:14 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I would like to contribute if I find a bug, but it's not that simple.

I am planning an "introduction to hibernate" for the other developers at my company, and i don´t think they will be to happy with an unstable framework. I want to convince them of the convenience of hibernate, but I think they will by sceptical if it's buggy.

So I´m wondering if I should show them Hibernate Annotations, which is so simple to use that everyone will love it, or if I should skip the annotations part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:37 am 
Expert
Expert

Use the annotations.
If you have trouble using them you can simply go back to plain .hmb.xml files - which have been through a lot of testing and production use.

But Emmanuel is doing a great job to provide you with up to date HA project. So I think you will really like the HA.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]