-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: one->many List without initializing collection on write?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 pm 
Regular
Regular

So I've got a one to many list association that I'm inserting to. I observe that even when using List semantics with IndexColumn it still needs to fully initialize my collection even though it's LAZY whenever I add an element to this collection.

I'm looking to add to a collection where I don't need to fully initialize it's existing contents. Is that possible? In my case I'm not using Set to I have no uniqueness expectations so why does it need to initialize the to-many part of this association whenever I want to add an element to it?

I have large collections. I don't want to use an extra lazy collection for what I'm doing.

I need to be able to optimize writes such that for very large collections it doesn't need to initialize the collection before it will let me do my insert of this element in the collection.

Post subject: Re: one->many List without initializing collection on write?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:11 pm 
Regular
Regular

As far as I can tell the only way to not initialize a collection when you add to it is to make it an extra lazy association.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]