-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Table not found when using joined many-to-one
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:57 am 

I'm using Hibernate 3.0.5 and I'm trying to set up a one directional many-to-one association.

The mapping looks like this:
Code:
<class name="NisCode" table="niscode">
      <cache usage="read-write" />
      <id name="code" type="string" column="code"
         unsaved-value="null">
         <generator class="assigned" />
      </id>
      <join table="niscode_verwsector" fetch="select" optional="true">
         <key column="niscode" unique="true" />
         <many-to-one name="verwerkingsSector"
            column="key_verwsector" not-null="true" />
      </join>
</class>

Code:
2005-10-15 10:23:56,390 DEBUG [net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager] - Attempting to create an existing instance. Existing instance returned.
2005-10-15 10:23:56,390 DEBUG [org.hibernate.cache.CacheFactory] - instantiating cache region: be.vlaanderen.lin.bredero.be.model.code.plaatsBepaling.NisCode usage strategy: read-write
2005-10-15 10:24:18,906 ERROR [org.hibernate.AssertionFailure] - an assertion failure occured (this may indicate a bug in Hibernate, but is more likely due to unsafe use of the session)
org.hibernate.AssertionFailure: table not found
   at org.hibernate.persister.entity.JoinedSubclassEntityPersister.getTableId(JoinedSubclassEntityPersister.java:433)
   at org.hibernate.persister.entity.JoinedSubclassEntityPersister.<init>(JoinedSubclassEntityPersister.java:214)

I've run a debugger on it and it seems like the JoinedSubclassEntityPersister does not hold a reference to the joined table "key_verwsector" (which definitely exists) in tableNames, so it bunks out in the getTableId() method. I don't know how or when these tableNames get loaded, so I'm a bit stuck.

Note this very similar thread o the JBoss forums:
http://jboss.com/?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3898032

Also note that everything else works just fine when I remove the <join> mapping.

Post subject: Re: Table not found when using joined many-to-one
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:56 am 

Hi,

I'm geeting the same error but only when I try to inherit (using joined-subclass) from a class that contains the join. hbm2ddl happily creates the tables as I would expect them but building a SessionFactory fails.

I have tried this with Hibernate 3.0.X (included in Spring 1.2.5) as well as with 3.1rc2, no difference.

I have isolated the problem and have put a zip file containing the code onto my homepage at http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/avoss/hibtest.zip
Anyone who wants to have a look at this, please modify conf/hibernate.cfg.xml as well as the build.xml file.

Cheers,

Alex

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]