-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Object / Transaction state
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:03 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I've written some code that inserts a few things in my database. A user, A course, and the relation between them. I've saved the objects, and commited the transaction. But when i try to loop over the courses of a newly added user, it traps. But afterwards when i retry it, without creating a new user, i nicly displays the data in the database.

So i suppose i messed up somewhere with the state of the objects or the session... One last pointer, i checked the database, and al the right rows are there, in the User table, and the Courses table, and in the association table between them.

Any suggestions ?

Thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:08 am 
Expert
Expert

traps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:28 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Just a nullpointer exception

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:47 pm 
Expert
Expert

and the code that actually causes this and a full stack trace?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]