-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Specifying join on a different column for set element
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:49 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi
I am trying to use <element> within set.

I have a User table with userId as the primary key, this table is in one to many relation with GroupLink table. The joining column is groupId in both the tables. ( one-to-many is not mentioned in the mapping files )
As I am only interested in one of the columns (ancestorGroupId ) in the GroupLink table, I am using <element> ( didn't want to create a new object ). But <element> seems to be using the primary key ( userId ) from User table when it is doing a join onto GroupLink. How can I force it to use groupId column in User to be joined with groupId column in GroupLink

<set name="Groups" table="GroupLink" lazy="false">
<key column="groupId"/>
<element column="ancestorGroupId"type="integer"/>
</set>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]