-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: two different database types simultaneously?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:14 pm 

Hi! I have a fully working hibernate project and now I'll have to access two different databases type, currently I'm accessing postgre and now I'll have to access postgre and ingres from the same application using hibernate. I've looked for a solution already, but I can't find any clear answers, All I see is "build multiple factories..." that doesn't help,. Can anyone clearly tell me what files have to be modified such as hibernate.cfg.xml or .properties or something, if I have to alter java code from where hibernate build factories and stuff?? If possible tell me where I can find xml examples for this. Another thing, I'm using tomcat and the project xml has database stuff in it, should I just stick repeated resoruce parameters in there for the other database? I'm using hibernate 2 and tomcat 5. Any info much much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:17 pm 

You need two hibernate.cfg.xml files and two helper ( HibernateUtils ) instances to manipulate each database.

Regards,
lottalava

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]