-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Incompatibility between Hibernate 3.05 and Crystal ReportsXI
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:51 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

After several days chasing a bug it seems that it's a problem between Crystal Reports XI and hibernate3.jar (3.05). I've also used the latest 3.1 beta with the same results.

To reproduce the problem you just need to create a simple report (in the report editor) that uses a JavaBean as the datasource and that has dependencies with Hibernate3. If you include the hibernate3.jar file in the CRConfig.xml, Crystal Reports complains (and doesn't provide any info). If you remove the Hibernate dependencies, everything works ok.

I think this is a problem with the poor Java support in CR XI, and I'm going to report a bug. But right now, they can't be used together.

Regards,

- Juan

Post subject: classes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:35 pm 
Expert
Expert

It is possible that there is not a bug but insufficient classpath.
Did you try to include in Crystal Reports classpath Hibernate dependencies?

Another possibility is that your bean mapping has ‘lazy’ initialized fields and when CR tries to get those fields the bean (weaved by H) throws an exception…

Try using lazy='false' and see if that problem will persist.

SourceLabs - dependable OpenSource systems

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:15 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I included the whole classpath used in the application (I was getting paranoic :) just to see if I got, at least, a different error. This didn't work.

Right now I'm experimenting with other JARs, and I'm getting the same problem, so it seems that it's not an Hibernate fault...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]