-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: How do i Debug (step through) Hibernate code?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:26 pm 

I have setup the source code in my IRAD(eclipse) workspace, trying to debug and step though.
When i stepinto the code

Code:
Serializable serObj = session.save(wsVO);

i endup on the
Code:
SessionImpl.afterTransactionCompletion
mehtod.

Any idea which class i have to put my breakpoint in order to check the generated SQL,
I am having problem with Chlid table insert, hibernate is always generating Update when i am expecting Insert.

Thanks.

Post subject: seeing sql
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:18 pm 
Expert
Expert

Never had problems in IntelliJ-IDEA with debugging H code therefore could not comment on Eclipse.
But you do not need debugger to see SQL,
Simply specify <property name="hibernate.show_sql">true</property> in the session configuration, and it that is not enough and you want to see app the parameter bindings, then add log4j.logger.org.hibernate.type=DEBUG in your log4j configuration.

As fo Update when you need save: you may need to specify unsaved-value in the mapping file which is usually null, in this case H generates insert when key is null, and update when key is something.

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/re ... aration-id

SourceLabs - dependable OpenSource systems

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]