-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best way to rev eng a schema to xdoclet marked-up POJOs?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:56 pm 

I've used Middlegen in the past, and while it seems dated now, works well in the 2.1 world.

Is there a good way to generate xdoclet marked-up POJOs from either a schema or a mapping file? Looks like the new tools eclipse plugin doesn't yet support this. But if it can go to mapping files, and there's a way to generate POJOs from mappings, that would be enough, right? I seem to remember that's how Middlegen worked.

Thanks,

Stu

3.0 or 3.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:13 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You can still use Middlegen and HIbernate Tools to do the job. The CVS version has some support for H3 Mapping documents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:17 am 

david wrote:
You can still use Middlegen and HIbernate Tools to do the job. The CVS version has some support for H3 Mapping documents.

Thanks for the info. Do you mean the CVS version of Middlegen or of Hibernate Tools (or maybe both)?

Just to make sure I understand, I use the CVS version of Middlegen to create mapping files. And I can use the current version of Hibernate Tool's hbm2java to generate xdoclet marked-up value objects?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:30 am 

Btw, reading through Middlegen-dev I found this: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... rum_id=232

Still not sure exactly what I should do to use it. If you can point me in the right direction, I'll figure it out though. I got middlegen working before and it gave me a pretty big headstart.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]