-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Installation of Hibernate and Hibernate Tools, for Eclipse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:48 am 

Hi.

Although all the information available will tell you how to get quickly started with a demo of Hibernate, none will tell you how to get started with Eclipse and Hibernate. Now I'm considered to be an experienced developer, and I can come up with some classpath configuration for a dynamic web application or a standalone app that will use that huge lib directory in the Hibernate tree in a clean way, but the Hibernate Tools still don't show up in the "New/Other" dialog.

"You need to get Hibernate installed first" it says, and I did. But how are the tools going to find out where Hibernate lives? Do I have to copy all those jars into every directory for a tool that wants it?

Cheers, (I hope)
Bert Laverman

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]