-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: don't need cache, how to disable?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:33 am 

Hibernate version:2.0
Name and version of the database you are using:SQL Server 2000

We are using hibernate as our DAO layer..

1. I have a client application (built using swing) that talks to the tomcat server and downloads the required data and user can add new records thru' this client application, which does a SOAP call to tomcat & saves the data to database.

2. Data gets saved properly to the database, things are fine till now

3. Now if the user logs out from the client application & logs back in immediatly, the record he added in the earlier login does not display on the client application, I see the data exists in the DB.. its just that its not getting downloading to the client

4. I think somewhere the second login is getting the data from cache & its not made dirty while adding the new record to the DB.

Looking for either one of the solution -
a. Is there a way to indicate to hibernate to ALWAYS hit the DB to get the user data & not get it from cache at all?

b. Or is there a way to dirty the user data when I added a record? NOTE: At the time of adding the record I do not have the main User object and just only inserting a record for that user and only that record is passed from the client to server

Any help in resolving this... will be great.

Thanks
Bhaskar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:49 am 
Senior
Senior

to turn off the caches -
set hibernate.cache.use_query_cache to false
and hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache to false
in hibernate.cfg.xml or hibernate.properties

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:36 am 

This did not work, I have set the flags as mentioned to false but still data is coming from cache when I download the user data for the second time.

-bhaskar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:04 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hibernate uses two caches. I don't know if you can disable the first level cache, but if my eyes don't fool me, your problem is that your objects doesn't update properly... Try issuing a refresh instead of disabling the caches:

mysession.refresh(object);

Bye.

Expert on Hibernate errors... I've had them all... :P

Post subject: Hibernate cache
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:18 am 

I am having the same problem. The database of my application gets updated by other applications also so i need to refresh the data from database every time i query. If you have the solution for this please let me know. I tried using

<property name="cache.use_query_cache">false</property>
<property name="cache.use_second_level_cache">false</property>

Post subject: Re: don't need cache, how to disable?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:55 am 

Your problem seems to be related to connection pooling, try using dbcp connection pooling.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]