-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate can tell me witch field too long?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:13 am 
Regular
Regular

hibernate can tell me witch field too long?

hi:
every code in my system runs ok,but when some variable that i insert into oracle is too long,hibernate can not tell me witch field is too long,this make the debug become very difficult!the hibernate only tell me witch entity error,it can not tell me ,witch field error(just throw some exception,tell me witch field is too long)!

thanks a lot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:49 pm 
Regular
Regular

It seems unlikely that the Hibernate folks would parse exception messages to see if the columns referred to are mapped columns that it knows something about.

On the other hand, they could try providing some form of validation that is based on the DDL of your database schema. If you think that would be a useful feature perhaps you should ask for that.

Another alternative would be for you to write your own validation that checks these things prior to attempting to persist a particular object.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:55 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You can use the validator framework for that.
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/annotations/reference/en/html_single/#validator

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]