-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem with mapped query and <properties> element
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:39 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Need help with Hibernate? Read this first:
http://www.hibernate.org/ForumMailingli ... AskForHelp

Hibernate version:

Mapping documents:
<properties name="ttblKey" unique="true">
<property name="ucVcmpId" type="java.lang.String" column="U##CMP_ID" length="2"/>
<property name="ttblId" type="java.math.BigDecimal" column="TTBL_ID" length="22"/>
</properties>
<query name="getNextTimetableNo"><![CDATA[
select max(t.ttableNo) from Ttbl as t
where t.ucVcmpId = 'TA'
and t.ucVempId = :pempId
]]>
</query>
Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():
session obtained from jndi lookup

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
10 Aug 2005 16:12:38,119 ERROR [impl.SessionFactoryImpl] - Error in named query: getNextTimetableNo
org.hibernate.QueryException: could not resolve property: ucVcmpId of: com.Ttbl [
select max(t.ttableNo) from com.Ttbl as t
where t.ucVcmpId = 'TA'
and t.ucVempId = :pempId
]
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractPropertyMapping.throwPropertyException(AbstractPropertyMapping.java:43)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractPropertyMapping.toType(AbstractPropertyMapping.java:37)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.BasicEntityPersister.toType(BasicEntityPersister.java:1094)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.FromElementType.getPropertyType(FromElementType.java:230)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.FromElement.getPropertyType(FromElement.java:342)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.DotNode.getDataType(DotNode.java:474)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.DotNode.prepareLhs(DotNode.java:207)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.DotNode.resolve(DotNode.java:166)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.FromReferenceNode.resolve(FromReferenceNode.java:88)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.FromReferenceNode.resolve(FromReferenceNode.java:84)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.HqlSqlWalker.resolve(HqlSqlWalker.java:463)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.expr(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:863)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.exprOrSubquery(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:3713)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.comparisonExpr(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:3190)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.logicalExpr(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:1405)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.logicalExpr(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:1330)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.logicalExpr(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:1330)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.whereClause(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:599)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.query(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:404)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.selectStatement(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:201)
at org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlSqlBaseWalker.statement(HqlSqlBaseWalker.java:151)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.analyze(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:189)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.doCompile(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:130)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.compile(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:84)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.getQuery(SessionFactoryImpl.java:425)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.checkNamedQueries(SessionFactoryImpl.java:386)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:289)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1055)

Name and version of the database you are using:
Oracle 9i

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):
none

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:
will post if necessary

The problems seems to be hibernate doesn't register the property inside the <properties> tag. If I add the property outside the <properties> tag then the query parses but I get a new exception that theres a duplicate column.

Does anyone know a proper solution how I can use this property in my named query? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in this case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:45 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I "solved" this problem by adding update="false" insert="false" in the repeated property inside <properties> as advised by the helpful hibernate exception message - this allows the property column to be repeated - why is this necessary?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:37 am 
Expert
Expert

shnplr wrote:
I "solved" this problem by adding update="false" insert="false" in the repeated property inside <properties> as advised by the helpful hibernate exception message - this allows the property column to be repeated - why is this necessary?

Because when Hibernate wants to persist the data, it needs to look for it in only 1 place. Having two fields mapped to the same data allows the possibility that you change one and not the other.

Please don't forget to give credit if/when you get helpful information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:53 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Sorry, I didn't mean to rate the previous post unhelpful, it didn't solve my problem, however it WAS helpful and deserve credit - I understand now the reason but I actually dont want to repeat the column, hibernate is forcing me to repeat the column because the mapped query can't "see" the <property> nested in <properties> tag. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:23 pm 
Senior
Senior

You don't have to repeat the property, just prefix the <property> name with the <properties> name when referring to it.

Code:
ttblKey.ucVcmpId

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]