-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: dynamic code and table generation with no beans to map to
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:26 am 

Lo,
I've some "simple" and "small" ask :oP
Hoping someone could handle 'em.

I'm a java developer since much time, I'm working on some projects, and while I'll develop 'em I'll use my libraries to design new table and classes while debugging: no reload time, simply extending, compiling and reloading while working.

As i could see hibernate doesn't support change in it's Configuration :
if i map the class Book with ISBN and Name field, then i cant' add a PRICE filed, reloading the class Book or remapping dynamically the class Book to Hibernate configuration : is it true, or there is a way to do it (without creating a new Configuration ) ?

I'll already manage persistance, but hibernate is more complete in it's persistance management and better adapted to database, however i do not manage persistance with beans mapping 'em with xml files but mapping .ini files to a basic class called Module, and creating a new instance of it for every table/mask i need: how could be the best approch to add support for Module(s) to Hibernate? i shoudl extend Configuration, copy and fix the XmlBinder i can't extend( it's final), so anytime a virtual class is called it maps the used object?
I can manage my instanced Module to be a bean : the library could write on the fly a new java class to map the Module as a bean with getter and setter for every field actually managed in a Vector, however it seems really something that will create a big overhead.

Inside Module class fields are mapped into a vector, and not to single properties :o/

Any idea about how to start the work?

Thanks to any one that could help me :o)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]